FROM JUNE 24-AUGUST 18
During the period June 24-August 18, The Swedish Transport Administration (Trafikverket) will upgrade the railway tracks between Stockholm Central and Stockholms Södra. During these weeks, this line will be closed to all long-distance trains. Therefore, all MTR Express trains will arrive and depart from Stockholms Södra station instead of Stockholm Central during this period. On Sundays during the period June 24-August 18 train 12002 from Gothenburg will arrive Flemingsberg Station.
The most important thing to know for travelers:
- When traveling to or from Stockholm with MTR Express between June 24-August 18, your train will arrive / depart from Stockholms Södra.
- On Sundays during the period June 24-August 18 train 12002 from Gothenburg will arrive Flemingsberg Station.
- MTR Express specified times of arrival / departure are valid from the Stockholms Södra or Flemingsbreg Station.
- Staff and information will be available at Stockholms Södra if you need help or have questions.
- Between Stockholms Södra/Flemingsbergs Station and Stockholm Central, you can travel by the commuter train. To travel with the commuter train you will need a valid SL ticket.
- You can purchase a SL tickets in SL app, on the station or onboard MTR Express when travelling from Gothenburg.
- Plan your travel to/from Stockholms Södra by commuter train, metro or bus on sl.se and purchase your tickets in the SL app. Available for iOS and Android.
- Staff and information will be available at Stockholms Södra and Flemingsberg Station if you need help or have questions.
Why is the distance between Stockholm Central and Stockholms Södra closed?
Stockholm is growing and it places high demands on infrastructure adaptation. Since the opening of Citybanan, the new commuter train tunnel under central Stockholm, half of the train traffic has moved down there. This enables the next step, namely to replace and modernize the other two tracks through central Stockholm, the so-called "Getingmidjan". The equipment is necessary to ensure reliable and sustainable travel and transportation.
How do I know if my train is affected and departing / arriving from Stockholms Södra or Flemingsbergs Station?
The period during which MTR Express train departures / arrivals from Stockholms Södra is between June 24-August 18. On Sundays during this period train 12002 from Gothenburg will arrive Flemingsberg Station. When booking your ticket, an information box will appear in connection with a departure check if it falls during this period. After booking, information about Stockholms Södra will also be shown on your booking confirmation, which will be sent by email and in a separate text message sent to the mobile number you entered when booking your trip. The information via email and SMS is also sent as a reminder the day before departure.
How do I get to and from Stockholms Södra and Flemingsberg Station?
The station Stockholms Södra is located on Södermalm and the most convenient way to travel to Stockholms Södra station is by commuter trains from Stockholm City station. Stockholm City is the commuter train station, which is located directly to Stockholm Central. It takes 3 min to travel between Stockholm City and Stockholms Södra. Near Stockholms Södra are also two metro stations, Mariatorget on the Red Line (about 5 minutes walk) and Medborgarplatsen on the Green Line (about 8 minutes to walk).
Flemingsberg station is located in Huddinge municipality, south of Stockholm city. It takes 19 minutes to travel by commuter train from Flemingsberg Station to Stockholm City.
Visit sl.se/en to plan your trip.
Where can I buy a SL ticket before departure?
- On the SL app, available for both iOS and Android.
- On the SL Access ticket machines located in subway and commuter rail stations.
- By the tracks in subway and commuter rail stations.
- Over the counter from an official reseller such as kiosks and general stores that have the SL flag or stickers.
- Onboard MTR Express when travelling from Gothenburg.
How do I change between commuter train and MTR Express om Stockholms Södra and Flemingsberg Station?
You do this easily by changing platform. MTR express train departs from and stops on tracks 3 and 4 while commuter train departs from and stops on tracks 1 and 2. When changing a platform for commuter trains, you need to show your SL ticket for any of SL's station hosts available at the platform gates, which then let you pass down to the platform.
On Sundays during the period June 24 - August 18, one of our departures, train 12002, will arrives at Flemingsberg station. MTR Express arrives at tracks 2 or 3 while commuter trains depart from tracks 4 and 5. When you change platform to travel by commuter train, you need to show your SL ticket for any of SL's staff who are at the barriers, who then let you pass down to the platform.
How long before departure do I need to be at Stockholms Södra?
We recommend that you are at Stockholms Södra a while before departure. Stockholms Södra is a smaller station than Stockholm Central, which means that there is no room for everyone to wait for the platforms. We therefore ask you to enter the platform until about 10 minutes before departure.
How long does it take to switch between a commuterin train and MTR Express at Stockholms Södra?
If you plan to take a commuter train to Stockholms Södra, we recommend that you have at least 20 minutes to switch between commuter and MTR Express trains.
What happens if I missed my MTR Express train because the commuter train is late?
If you have planned your trip to Stockholms Södra following our recommendations, we will help you to your destination in the best possible way.
Is there any staff that can help me if I have questions on Stockholms Södra and Flemingsbergs Station?
Yes, our own staff will be in place at the platform in connection with departure / arrival. There will also be extra staff dressed in yellow vests at Stockholm Central, Stockholm City, Stockholms Södra and Flemingsberg Station.
If I've forgotten personal items on the train, who do I contact?
If you forgot something on board MTR Express, you can register and search for lost property here. If you forgot something on the commuter train, please contact SL Customer Service on phone +46 8 600 100 or visit them at Klara Östra Kyrkogatan 6, see opening hours here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our customer service here or via our chat.
Was this helpful?
If not, please take a look among other questions or get in touch with customer service.